Today, I am thrilled to share details on our waterfront offerings for the summer. We will be offering all these activities to single household sign up only and are accepting registration requests as of TODAY!
- Stand Up Paddleboard (ages 9+)
- Kayaking (ages 7+; at least one parent must attend)
- Private Sail lessons (ages 7+)
- Supervised Sail (ages 10+ or younger if an older “crew” member attends)
Private sail includes individual instruction both on land (including rigging & derigging) and on the water. Private sail participations will have the option of leaving the cove to sail along the Kennebunk beaches. The supervised sails are in the cove only; participants should be comfortable rigging and sailing independently.
Qualifications for Supervised Sail
- For youth: must be age 10 or older in summer 2020 & must have completed Topsails course or higher in summer 2019. Must feel comfortable rigging & sailing independently.
- For adults: must be comfortable rigging & sailing independently.
For ALL waterfront classes – if KBIA cancels a session due to weather then you will be refunded your class fee or offered the option to make it up at another time, as available. Similarly, if you are ill then you will not be charged – no participant should show up feeling sick. If you or any member of your household is ill, let the office know and we will work to reschedule your time for when you are well and your slot will be filled with someone from the waitlist.
For ALL waterfront activities participants will be required to:
- Wear a face covering on land. You will be required to bring your own face covering (mask, bandana, buff, face shield, etc)
- Complete a digital waiver on the day you will take programming – waiver found here: https://forms.gle/aXriB1WvewU3Cj7t6
- Sign up with members of your household ONLY
- Provide your own personal PFD. There will not be any on site for participants to use.
- Clean and sanitize your equipment after using and before the next session goes out.
To request to register for a time, you must fill out this request form: https://forms.gle/mXoDrkDRDSGUmpBT6
Schedule of listed times are available:
– On this Google Calendar (https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=kbia.net_nvmuhqdcgh4cs902rtg8mbkg78%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York);
– And also in a PDF attached to this email.
Upon completion of this form, the Office will be in touch to schedule you. Requests are completed on a first come, first served and limited to TWO classes per week for initial sign ups. If you would like to be on a waitlist for additional sessions, as they become available, we will contact you starting Wednesday the week prior to the session starting the following week (i.e., July 1 for sessions beginning July 6).
For EVERY class that you sign up for this summer, we are requiring participants to fill out this waiver form. It must be completed EVERY MORNING to participate. If you do not fill it out, you will not be able to participate in any activity at KBIA.
Link to KBIA COVID-19 Daily Waiver: https://forms.gle/aXriB1WvewU3Cj7t6
We continue to work with our partners at Edgcomb and Webhannet to develop programming for tennis and golf. We look forward to sharing more details on that soon!
Thank you so much for all your support! Summer lifts our spirits and with our virtual classes set to begin and our limited on-site offerings gearing up it finally feels like summer has arrived. I look forward to welcoming members to our programming this summer in a safe and responsible manner. Thank you for being a part of KBIA!
Kennebunk Beach Improvement Association
KBIA Virtual Road Race 5K
Weekend of July 11th
Please don’t forget to sign up for the KBIA Virtual Road Race 5K. We are asking all registrants to walk/run a 5K on the weekend of July 11th. This year’s race is in memory of Annie McNamara Evans, a longtime supporter of KBIA and former counselor, who recently lost her courageous battle with cancer. Proceeds from the race will be donated to the Dempsey Center in her name.
The Bauman Family Foundation will be matching our contributions to the Dempsey Center in Annie’s name. The Dempsey Center provides services that can help cancer patients manage the emotional, mental and physical impact of cancer.
We hope you will join us in this great cause. I’m not normally a runner, but I intend to participate as well! Be sure to share your race photo with us by using the hashtags #run4annie and/or #dayatthebeach5k, and we will share on our social media all weekend!
REGISTER HERE! http://www.lightboxreg.com/kbia-2020?func=&mobile=1
2020 Membership – Join TODAY!
If you haven’t joined as a member yet – there is still time! Virtual classes begin next Monday and we will be sending out details on our first week of nighttime experiences, complete with curbside pick-up partnerships with local businesses. To join as a member click on the link below:
If you wish to send a general donation to help us through this time, you can also do that online through the following link: https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/KennebunkBeachImprovementAs/annualfund.html